Ok, time to work! Let’s create your amazing Visual Brand Identity. But first, to make this an easier task for you, please download this FREE PRINTABLE so you can build it while reading this ;).
First of all you need to answer the next few questions:
– Who is your audience? Who are you speaking to: Age, Gender, Location, Income, Marital Status, Occupation, Education Level.
– What is your SWOT analysis telling you? Understand your company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
– What do you want your market to perceive about you?
– Why would your audience buy your product? What problem do you solve for your customers?
–How do you visualize the personality of your business?
–Who are your main competitors?
–What do you like about their presence?
–What do you dislike about their brand identity?
–What makes you different from your competitors?
–Which 5 words best describe your company?
With these questions you will have a clear idea of the message that you want your brand to deliver to your clients. Once you do this, you can create an Inspiration Board on Pinterest with all the ideas of how you perceive your own brand; this will help you with the next step.
Now let’s see which elements you need to develop a coherent and comprehensive brand identity.
Logo: the graphic symbol of your brand, it will represent the whole business in an image.
Different logo variations: you will need variations based on placement and usage:
- Word mark
- A secondary logo mark and/or word mark
Key colors: this should feature 1-3 primary colors and 2-3 secondary colors.
Textures: textures that you will use for background or details. Make sure these textures can be used in both online and printed materials.
Fonts: fonts to be used on any materials you create online or print.
Photography: all imagery should have a consistent look and feel.
Let’s be in touch!!